I've been molding this site according to my publishing needs, and in the process of doing so, I've ventured into the Drupal source code. I've made a few changes that I believe are generally useful. Besides submitting them to the respective maintainers, I'll post them here for added accessibility.

  • I've modified the Drupal core to provide "Clean URLs" without needing proper mod_rewrite support. Instead, you only need to be allowed set the ErrorDocument to the provided 404.php page. There is a slight complication that the implementation handles properly: HTML forms submitted via HTTP POST cannot use these clean URLs since the form data does not propagate through the ErrorDocument redirection. This More Drupal wizardry against version 4.5.1 of Drupal implements this. (upstream)

Update 1: It turns out that my web hosting company, Alturo, does support this. In order to enable it, you need to say RewriteBase / in .htaccess. They do not document that, though. (In general, they document fairly little.) As a result of this, I won't be maintaining the Clean-URLs-via-404 patch.

Update 2: I've put a modified version of the patch onto the Drupal bug tracker that applies to current Drupal CVS.

  • I've modified and fixed inline.module in several ways in this More Drupal wizardry: (upstream)
  • You can now specify [ inline:filename.ext] instead of only the number, for added link stability.
  • A bold, red NOT FOUND message is shown if the given file name or number does not exist.
  • The module previously generated spaces around the img and a tags. Those are gone.
  • Images are only inlined if linked to with [ inline:...]. If you say [ file:my.png], this will remain a file link.
  • The recent fix for multiple links in one node is part of this patch.
  • (The spaces were necessary to keep inline.module from picking up these example links.)

  • I've added two patches to the title module.

Attachments